Monday evening I had a chance to catch up with Moshi. I’ve got to say they are probably my favorite Apple outfitter. They always impress me with their new products. At Pepcom’s Digital Experience on Monday prior to the start of CES 2013, Moshi had a few new items including the all new Ionbank, a portable charging solution for Apple and Android mobile devices.
Moshi’s Ionbank spots a sleek minimalist design common among their products and familiar to Apple users. Ionbank will be available with a 5,000 or 10,000 mAh capacity battery, 2 USB port, LED battery life indicator and a sliding bottom to conceal a hidden compartment for storing the USB charging cord.
- High-capacity lithium polymer cell technology
- Sleek, ultra-modern form factor
- Built-in ability to regulate charge and discharge cycles for maximum battery life
- ‘Smart detection’ circuitry to recognize and adjust charge for each individual mobile device
Moshi says Ionbank will be available for purchase in the second half of 2013.
Also, launched along with the Ionbank is the Metallic ‘Mythro’ Earbuds along with a free ‘Burn-in’ iPhone app for new headphones.
The Mythro earbuds are cast in aluminum and anodized for durability and good looks at a budget friendly $29. The Mythro will be available in late February, 2013 in gunmetal gray, jet silver, tyrian purple, satin gold, rose pink, and burgundy red.
- DR8 Neodymium drivers (15Hz-20kHz / -10dB@1kHz) in an anodized aluminum casing.
- Integrated microphone with universal button control.
- Hybrid injection silicone earbuds in three sizes for superior noise isolation and comfort.
- A convenient Velcro HandyStrap cable manager.
The “burn-in tool” app (see images in gallery) works in the Moshi’s earbuds using pre-programmed tone profiles customed designed for each earbud line. Moshi audio engineers customized each profile based on each earbuds frequency response, but even if you don’t own Moshi earbuds, you can create profiles for any new headphone.
The app can be found a the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/burn-in-tool/id556809463?mt=8
Visit Moshi to see a full line of products.