Kindle Fire HD: The Missing Manual is a new book from author Peter Meyers. An overview of topics from the publisher include:
- Read all about it. Find ebooks and newspapers in the Kindle Store, and add your own books and magazines.
- Use great new features. Discover Amazon’s X-Ray service, and parental controls for individual users.
- Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and display your photos and videos.
- Go online. Browse the Web and manage email with Wi-Fi and 4D LTE.
- Fill up your jukebox. Listen to your favorite music from Amazon and iTunes.
- Load up on apps. Get popular games, guides, and references with Amazon’s Apps for Android.
- Get to work. Read PDFs, Word files, Excel spreadsheets, and other docs.
Kindle Fire HD: The Missing Manual retails for $15.99; however, it is currently available for $9.99 in a Kindle Edition.
FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual is a new book from O’Reilly Media.
“Beginners who read straight through the book will get a sense of just how deep and wide FileMaker’s power are,” notes Prosser about the new edition. “They’ll finish with a solid introduction that takes them through intermediate concepts and into some fairly advanced topics. They’ll have the confidence and skill to create their own databases. Even experienced users will find plenty to keep them interested. We explain FileMaker Pro’s new features and talk about best practices for implementing them into your databases.”
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get started. Tour FileMaker Pro’s features and create your first database in minutes.
- Catalog your data. View, sort, and shape information in dozens of ways.
- Create professional documents. Publish reports, invoices, and other documents with ease.
- Harness processing power. Use calculations and scripts to crunch numbers, search text, and automate tasks.
- Add visual power and clarity. Create colorful charts to illustrate and summarize your data.
- Think like a developer. Dive into the high-level features of FileMaker Pro Advanced.
FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual retails for $39.99; however, it is currently available for $21.09 at Amazon.com.